Instructor: Beth Cantrell
Beth Cantrell – Cello – Teacher Trainer
ELIZABETH CANTRELL, “Dr. Beth”, has taught children and adults at Suzuki Institutes and workshops throughout the United States for over 30 years. She is currently adjunct faculty at Mary Baldwin College in Staunton, Locally, she maintains a private studio at Crozet Arts. In addition to teaching, Dr. Cantrell has performed with Opera on the James, the Charlottesville Chamber Orchestra, the Waynesboro Symphony, the Richmond Symphony, Roanoke Symphony, and the Wintergreen Festival Orchestra. Dr. Cantrell earned degrees in cello performance and music history from the Oberlin Conservatory of Music, Florida State University, and the University of Georgia. Prior to moving to Virginia with her family in 2001, she was principal cellist for the Atlanta Ballet Orchestra, and was on the faculty of Kennesaw State University. She was active in the Atlanta area for 18 years as a teacher, chamber and orchestral performer, adjudicator, and recording studio musician.
- Prerequisite course: Every Child Can!, or Filosofía
- Audition: Cello Basic, or Cello Intermediate, or Cello Comprehensive.
- Deadline for Auditions for Unit 1 Courses
Deadline: All audition materials must be submitted 10 days prior to course start*
*A discounted Audition Fee applies if audition is submitted 8-weeks or more before the course start date. If submitted within 8-weeks of the course start date, the regular audition fee will apply.
- Date: Saturday, July 7th-Saturday July 14th
- Location: Ozark Suzuki Institute
John Brown University
Siloam Springs, AR
- Questions? Call OSI Director Christy Paxton at 417-483-8563
- Limited to the first 15 registrants.