Housing is available in newly renovated suite-style university dormitories. The dorms are a great place for OSI Families to get to know each other and make new friends! Each floor has a common area where families can congregate after classes, kids can play together, and everyone can relax.
Meals are available cafeteria-style with a varied daily menu that includes vegan, vegetarian, allergy and gluten-related options at every meal. Children ages 3 and under eat free!
- Include six days/nights, all meals included
- Check in Sunday afternoon, July 8th 1-4 pm
- Check out Saturday morning, July 14th, 9-11 am
- Includes meals from Sunday dinner through Saturday breakfast
- Housing & Meals – $320/person
- Per person – $180
Meal Ticket Only
- Meal Ticket Only – $150
Where you will stay:
- All students and parents will stay in Walker Hall, located on the quad, in the center of all that OSI has to offer. You won’t have to walk far to classes or meals!
- Students who are accompanied by their parents will stay in the single rooms with two beds, which share a common bathroom with the next room.
- NEW POLICY AS OF 3/15/2017 – The Teen Dorm is now also available for OSI Basic Students ages 14 and over. Residents of the Teen Dorm are expected to abide by the established regulations and code of conduct, even if a parent is on campus. The Institute reserves the right to remove any student from the Teen Dorm who fails to do so. All forms required to be completed for each Teen Dorm resident will be emailed to you the first week of June, and must be completed and returned to us by June 24.
- Each floor of Walker Hall has one common area kitchenette with a refrigerator, stove, and microwave. If you prefer not to eat cafeteria meals, but are staying in the dorms, you can prepare food in these areas. Space is limited.
Check-In for OSI Basic Students is from 1-4pm on Sunday. We recommend that you get there early as check-in tends to get congested towards the end. You will enjoy the extra time to move in to your room and make it a comfortable place to come back to after Opening Ceremonies. Check-In location is the 1st floor lobby of Walker Hall. Registration packets containing student schedules, name tags, meal tickets and other Institute information will be available when you check into your dorm. The first meal in the cafeteria for meal ticket holders or cash-line is on Sunday from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.
Click Here for our “What To Bring” Packing list
- All of our residence halls are equipped with a magnet locking system and will be locked between midnight
and 6 am. Should anyone need to leave the building during that time, they will not be able to re-enter without someone to open the door from inside or calling the JBU campus safety hotline (479-215-5000).
- Also, we ask that you leave the mattress covers on the beds in the residence halls during your stay and ensure, prior to your departure, that all mattress covers remain on the beds. Campers tend to roll the mattress cover into their own bedding accidently. Any missing mattress covers will incur a $20 fee.
Campers will be provided with an internet guest pass for the week. You can find the password in your registration packet.
Alternative Housing Option – Local Hotels/Motels
For larger families, it can be more economical to stay in a local hotel or motel. Click here for information on local accommodations where OSI has negotiated a group rate.
- All meals are served at the Kresge Dining Hall.
- Meals are available cafeteria-style with a varied daily menu that includes vegan, vegetarian, allergy and gluten-related options at every meal.
- At registration, each camp participant and parent will receive a wristband which must be worn into the dining hall at every meal.
- Children ages 3 and under eat free and do not need a wristband or meal plan.
- Lost wristbands need to be reported immediately to OSI staff and a new wristband will be issued.